Buckingham Correctional Center (close custody male institution)
Warden Earl R. Barksdale1349 Correctional Center Road
Dillwyn VA 23936
Security Level 3 - Assignment Criteria:Single, multiple, & Life + sentences must have served 20 consecutive years on sentence. If parole eligible, must have reached PED. No disruptive behavior for at least past 24 months prior to consideration for a transfer to any less-secure facility. Numerical sentences must have less than 40 years to release or have served 20 consecutive years.
- Opened - 1982
- Average Daily Population (June 2008) - 1,038
- Special Populations - None
- Special Programs - Pen Pals
- Site Additions/Upgrades - 1988 - N Building Added
- Virginia Correctional Enterprises - Metal Industry
Directions From Richmond:Take U.S. Route 60 West to Sprouse's Corner. Turn right onto U.S. Route 15, go approximately 2 to 3 miles to State Route 20, take a left. Institution is on the right.