Marion Correctional Center
Larry Jarvis, Warden (Interim)110 Wright Street
Marion, VA 24354-3145
Special Purpose Institution - Marion Correctional Treatment Center is a mental health hospital. Houses inmates classified to multiple levels of security.
- Opened - Originally opened in 1958 as a state mental hospital; it was acquired by DOC in 1980 and opened as a correctional treatment center.
- Average Daily Population (June 2008) - 191
- Special Populations - Accredited Mental Health Facility
- Site Additions/Upgrades - 1990 - 48 bed units added
- Virginia Correctional Enterprises - N/A
Directions From Richmond:Take I-64 West to I-81, then South and West to Marion. Take Marion Exit 45 off I-81. Turn right and the entrance to the Center is approximately 50 yards on the right.