Federal Bonding Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the bond cover part-time employment?
- The bond covers full and part-time employment as well as employment with temporary agencies.
- When should a workforce development professional or employer request a bond?
- A bond should be requested after a job offer has been made and a start date has been given.
- When are the bonds effective?
- Bonds are effective on the first day of employment.
- How long are bonds valid?
- Bonds are valid for six months or until employment is terminated, whichever occurs first.
- Who can request a bond?
- A workforce development professional or the employer can request a bond.
- Can the bond cover individuals who are self-employed?
- No. Bonds are issued to workers that have federal taxes automatically withheld from their paycheck.
- Does the bond cover job injuries or poor workmanship?
- No. Bonds cover any type of stealing: theft, forgery, larceny and embezzlement.