Expenses for the Department of Corrections
The following links will take you to an external site that provides expense and budget information for the corresponding group or facility.
Department of Corrections — Central Administration
Central Administration includes expenses supporting the Board of Corrections, Office of the Director, Communications Unit, Inspector General, Compliance/Accreditation, Correctional Technology Services Unit, Financial Management and Reporting, General Services, Research, Policy, and Planning Unit, Architectural and Engineering Services, and Procurement/Risk Management.
Department of Corrections — Employee Relations and Training
Employee Relations and Training expenses consist of Human Resources and employee education and training through the Academy for Staff Development.
Department of Corrections — Division of Community Corrections
Community Corrections expenses consists of the supervision of offenders in the community under the Conditions of Probation and Parole and special conditions as set forth by the court or the Parole Board. Community Corrections consists of a central office staff to support the field, three regional offices statewide supervising Probation and Parole Districts, Community Facilities (Detention Centers and Diversion Centers).
Division of Institutions
The administrative arm of the Division of Institutions consists of a central office staff to support the field, three regional offices statewide, Offender Management Services, the Office of Health Services and Environmental Services. Expenses associated with the operation of the privately operated facility, Lawrenceville Correctional Center are also included in these expenditures.
Expenses associated with the following facilities includes consists of housing offenders sentenced by the courts in various levels of facilities – prisons, reception and classification centers, field units, and work centers depending of the offenders classification. Among these costs is supervision of inmates, treatment services, facility management, food services, medical services (except that portion which are incurred through the Office of Health Services), physical plant operation, and agribusiness, where applicable.
- Augusta Correctional Center
- Baskerville Correctional Center
- Bland Correctional Center
- Brunswick Correctional Center
- Buckingham Correctional Center
- Central Region Correctional Field Units
- Coffeewood Correctional Center
- Deep Meadow Correctional Center
- Deerfield Correctional Center
- Division of Institutions — Administration
- Dillwyn Correctional Center
- Fluvanna Women’s Correctional Center
- Green Rock Correctional Center
- Greensville Correctional Center
- Haynesville Correctional Center
- Indian Creek Correctional Center
- James River Correctional Center
- Keen Mountain Correctional Center
- Lunenburg Correctional Center
- Marion Correctional Treatment Center
- Mecklenburg Correctional Center
- Nottoway Correctional Center
- Pocahontas State Correctional Center
- Powhatan Correctional Center
- Powhatan Reception and Classification Center
- Red Onion State Prison
- Southampton Correctional Center
- St. Brides Correctional Center
- Sussex I State Prison
- Sussex II State Prison
- Virginia Correctional Center for Women
- Wallens Ridge State Prison
- Western Region Correctional Field Units
Virginia Correctional Enterprises
Virginia Correctional Enterprises (VCE) furnishes both quality products and services and meaningful work for prison inmates. Funding for VCE is provided directly from the sale of its products and services.
Department of Corrections — Capital Construction (Central Activities)
Capital Construction includes expenses for research, design, construction and maintenance of facilities.