Greensville Correctional Center/
Greensville Work Center (major male institution)
Jarratt, VA 23870-9614
Major male institution
Security Level 2-3 - Assignment Criteria:
Single, multiple, & Life + sentences must have served 20 consecutive years on sentence. If parole eligible, must have reached PED. No disruptive behavior for at least past 24 months prior to consideration for a transfer to any less-secure facility. Numerical sentences must have less than 40 years to release or have served 20 consecutive years.
Built in 1995 located on property.
Work Center - Assignment Criteria:
No Murder I or ll, Voluntary Manslaughter, Sex Offense, Kidnap/Abduction, Carjacking, Malicious Wounding, Flight/FTA pattern, No Escapes within the last 15 years, No Felony Detainers. Felony convictions for Robbery w/ Weapon Present or Implied, Unlawful Wounding and Felonious Assault, including multiple convictions, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Opened - 1990
- Average Daily Population (June 2008) - 3,055
- Special Populations - Death Chamber, Segregation Unit, Infirmary
- Special Programs - Mental Health Unit, Residential Treatment Unit and SORT Program, Pen Pals
- Site Additions/Upgrades - N/A
- Virginia Correctional Enterprises -S3 Wood Industry, Wood Industry, Furniture Finishing and Laundry