Offender Population Reports
Our research team provides various offender population reports in order to uphold the Virginia Department of Corrections' commitment to transparency.
All reports are in PDF format.
Monthly Offender Population Reports
The following are the monthly summaries of offender populations in our facilities across the state.
Offender Population Trends
The following are reports that highlight trends in our offender population data.
Offender Population Forecasts
The Secretary of Public Safety works with various agencies to produce an annual forecast of the number of adult and juvenile offenders who are under state custody and under the custody of local and regional jails.
These forecasts are essential to estimating future capital needs and operating expenses for prisons, jails, and juvenile correctional centers.
Offender Programs & Demographics Reports
The following reports provide key information and statistical data on various programs, initiatives, and offender demographic profiles.
- 2020: The Influence of Drugs in VADOC Facilities Report
- 2019: State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile
- 2019: Restrictive Housing Report
- 2018: State-Responsible Geriatric Offender Report
- 2017: Faith-based Programs Report
- 2016: State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile
- 2014: State-Responsible Offender Demographic Profile
- 2010-2014: State-Responsible Confined Offender Parole Eligibility Profile